Young people across the world are uniting over one common cause- our environment. They're begging their leaders to take action when it comes to combating climate change- and the Medford City Council is listening. With dysfunction surrounding our environmental policies at the federal level, taking action locally has never been more important.
As your City Councilor I have worked hard to be sure that we are doing our part to adopt best practices to promote a healthy and clean environment.
Below are a just a few examples of the what we have been able to accomplish this past term.
If you have more ideas, please leave a comment below, or contact me.
- Passed Plastic Bag Ban Ordinance.
- Transferred Street Lights in the Squares to Energy-Efficient LED.
- Added Solar Capabilities to the Department of Public Works, and Andrews School.
- Building New Carbon Neutral Police Department Building.
- Pushed for Municipal Energy Aggregation.
- Passed Solar Requirement Ordinance, requiring larger buildings to have at least 50% of rooftop solar panels.
- Remediation of Pollutants at Ship Avenue and West Medford Medford Parking Lot.
- Passed Gas Leak Ordinance, requiring gas company to provide real-time info on gas leaks, and stringent reporting requirements.
- Introduced Tree Canopy Presevation Proposal.
Medford City Council.
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter